This recipe is dedicated to Beks. I’ll miss your lovely way of cheering me up without fail!
Homemade cashew butter? Please don’t think this is too much of a task, because – in all modest honesty – it’s pretty hard to fudge up 🙂
The amount of stevia you use is up to you, according to your sweet tooth. I always tend to err on the side of bitter (don’t ask, just follow your buds).
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Makes 20-25 pieces, depending on size
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus chilling)
– 400 grams roasted, unsalted cashews
– 4 Tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– granulated stevia of choice (to taste)
– 1/3 cup cocoa
– 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted), extra
– granulated stevia of choice (to taste), extra
1. Place your cashews in a food processor and blitz until finely ground, then add the coconut oil. Process until smooth and creamy (this shouldn’t take very long – I find cashews particularly grindable!). My mixture then looked like this:
2. Add vanilla and stevia to taste, blitzing to combine. Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper and place in the freezer. The size of loaf tin you use depends on how thick you’d like your fudge.
3. Meanwhile, stir together the remaining ingredients in a bowl. When smooth, pour over the cashew fudge and use a knife to swirl through but not overmix. Freeze until solid, cut into cubes of desired size, and store in the freezer. Enjoy! 🙂