Zoe Lapwood, this recipe is for you! Thank you for your friendship, your hospitality, and your truly radical musical duo skills. You’re an inspiration!
Why only coat truffles in coconut, when you can put that luxuriously tropo flavour inside? These little devils have no need for regular cream and no need for extraneous sugars. (That sounded better in my head – but extraneous is my new favourite word, so let’s just flow with it, shall we?)
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, nut-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Makes around 30, depending on size
Preparation time: 30 minutes (plus chilling)
– 70 grams 90% Lindt (or other brand of your choice) chocolate, broken into pieces
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
– granulated stevia of choice, to taste (I used a mere Tablespoon, but I also eat 99% chocolate, so trust only yourself!)
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup coconut cream (and more as needed)
1. Melt the chocolate in a medium bowl in your microwave, for 30 second bursts. When smooth, add the remaining ingredients except coconut cream and mix together well.
2. Pour in the coconut cream and whisk until smooth. If it looks split and weird: do not panic.
I’ll repeat that. Do not panic.
Whisk in more coconut cream and you’re good to go! The luscious mixture should look a little like the picture that follows.
3. Freeze the truffle mixture until firm, then roll small spoonfuls into balls. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy! 🙂