I suppose these would be more authentically “lamington” if they weren’t chocolate all the way through. Or, you know, if they were actually made from cake! In saying that, the coconut flour does help create that cakey texture.
These little mouthfuls of bliss are the perfect treat for a low-carber. I got 20 balls from my mixture, but how many you make is totally up to how big you want them.
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Makes around 20
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus soaking and chilling)
– 1 cup cashew nuts
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 1/4 cup cocoa powder
– pinch sea salt
– 1 Tablespoon granulated stevia of choice, or to taste
– 1/4 cup coconut cream
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
– desiccated coconut, to roll
1. Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 20-30 minutes. Drain.
2. Tip the cashews into a food processor along with the remaining ingredients, bar the coconut flour. Blitz until smooth and paste-like.
3. Roll into balls of the desired size, coat in coconut, and arrange on a plate. Freeze or refrigerate to store. Enjoy! 🙂