Yes, I’ll admit it. This isn’t real pappardelle. I’m not sure what gave it away – certainly not the lurid green edges – but, in any case, I highly recommend this twist on your zucchini noodles. The flatness also provides a somewhat silky texture compared to regular zoodles.
(I feel “regular zoodles” may be a paradox. Ah well.)
This makes a lovely light dinner. If you’d prefer something more heartier, simply grill alongside some meat or fish as you see fit.
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, and egg-free.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
– 3 large zucchini, washed and tops/ tails trimmed
– 2 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1 small spring onion, sliced
– generous handful chorizo salami, cubed
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 2 heaped Tablespoons pesto
– generous handful camembert cheese, cubed
– 4 Tablespoons sliced black olives
– lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to taste
1. Peel the zucchini into strips, lengthwise, to create your ‘pasta’ (save the cores for another use. Or eat them). Warm the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chorizo and spring onion, frying until starting to crisp. Stir in the basil and pesto.
2. Toss the zucchini into the pan and fry until just softening. Throw in the camembert and olives before seasoning with lemon, salt, and pepper. Divide between three plates, and enjoy! 🙂