Yes, I have delved into the world of protein bars.
You know what? I love it. This delicious bar is full of healthy fats and protein (obviously), as well as those good old antioxidants from the cacao.
The bar is actually kind of massive, so if you want to split it into two, smaller portions, feel free. If you’re eating it as a meal-on-the-run, though, don’t feel like you have to skimp. I certainly don’t!
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, nut-free, and low-carb.
Preparation time: 5 minutes (plus freezing)
Cooking time: 30 seconds
– 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
– 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
– 1 small scoop (15 grams) vanilla protein powder of choice
– 2 Tablespoons desiccated coconut
– 1/2 teaspoon peppermint essence, or to taste
– 1 teaspoon cacao nibs, plus extra to sprinkle (if desired)
– stevia, to taste (I omitted as my protein powder was already sweetened)
1. Microwave together the butter and coconut oil in a small, microwave-proof bowl, until mostly melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients until a crumbly mixture forms. If it looks too liquid-y, add extra coconut.
2. Form into a bar shape, using a rectangular plastic mould if possible. Sprinkle with extra cacao nibs, if desired, and freeze until solid. Enjoy! 🙂