I passed Starbucks the other day and was inspired by their gorgeous frappés. I can never, quite get over their exorbitant prices, however, nor the amount of sugar they load inside. Do I even want to know how much?
Not really. Now I have my own version, I can be worry-free when it comes to sipping my cooling caffeine hit.
On that note, if you prefer ‘real’ coffee, please use a shot of espresso or whichever coffee you fancy. Instant’s fine by me because I’m strange like that.
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, and nut-free.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
– 10 ice cubes (or thereabouts)
– 100 ml cold water (or milk of choice if not strictly low-carb)
– 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder (or see above)
– 1 heaped Tablespoon cocoa powder
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
– splash peppermint essence, to taste
– 1 Tablespoon stevia of choice, to taste
– 1-2 Tablespoons cream (go with 2 if you’ve used water instead of milk)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender. Blitz until the ice is crushed (or mostly so), then pour into a large glass and dust with extra cocoa if desired. Pop in a candy-cane-coloured straw for that festive feel, and enjoy! 🙂