Thank you once again to my lovely sister, Tess, for your fabulous photography. I know you love pistachios almost as much as you love our late-night Netflix sprees (which featured plenty of ice cream cheesecake this time, I must say).
Can we all agree there’s something undeniably alluring about pistachios? Perhaps it’s their buttery emerald charm, or that sweet charm of Arabian nights.
(Think I might be reading too much into this).
Anyway, please try this. It’s cool enough for the warm summer evenings treating us Kiwis, yet decadent enough to serve as an impressive low-carb dish.
Did I say low-carb? Yes. Yes I did.
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, and egg-free.
Preparation time: 30 minutes (plus freezing)
– 1 cup ground almonds
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
– 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
– 40 grams pistachios
– 3 Tablespoons granulated stevia of choice (or more if you prefer)
– 1 Tablespoon lime juice
– 250 grams cream cheese, cubed
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, extra
– 250 ml cream
– 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder, extra
– 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, extra
– 1 teaspoon granulated stevia of choice, extra
– 3 Tablespoons chopped pistachios, extra
1. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Place the almonds, vanilla, cocoa, and coconut oil in a food processor. Blitz until combined, then press into the bottom of the loaf tin and freeze.
2. Meanwhile, rinse out the food processor. Tip in the pistachios and stevia, processing until finely ground. Add the lime juice and blitz until it clumps together.
3. Throw in the cream cheese and extra vanilla, process until no longer lumpy, then add the cream and process just until smooth. Pour and scrape this into the loaf tin and return to the freezer until firm.
4. Stir together the extra cocoa, coconut oil, and stevia until smooth. Unmould the cheesecake and drizzle over this chocolate sauce before sprinkling over extra pistachios. Slice, serve, and enjoy! 🙂