This pudding is filled with Eastern flavours of orange, cinnamon, and ginger. It’s creamy with a hint of grit from the semolina, and mildly sweet without being sickly.
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. I love how it makes these cups look like little pots of gold!
This recipe can be egg-free and nut-free.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
– 1 cup milk
– 1/2 teaspoon each ground turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice and nutmeg
– 1 Tablespoon dextrose
– 2 Tablespoons semolina
– zest from 1/2 orange
– 1 Tablespoon butter
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Place all ingredients except butter and vanilla in a saucepan. Whisk over high heat until it boils and thickens nicely. Off the heat, whisk in butter and vanilla. Pour into two small cups or ramekins and press clingfilm to their surfaces.
2. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with yoghurt and extra orange zest if desired, and enjoy! 🙂