I am so excited to share this recipe! You know when you get up in the morning, just craving chocolate? You don’t? Perhaps it’s just me.
Whatever the case, this is dreamily dessertified. I know the portion size is a little smaller than my regular breakfast – but, man, this stuff is rich! Not too rich for Fizzi, though. Nothing is.
The Weet-bix provide a low-sugar base for the pudding, making it fibre-filled and satisfying. Cocoa provides antioxidants, while cinnamon and chilli are supposedly ‘metabolism friendly’. I just know that they certainly add a kick!
I love my dark chocolate, and Lindt 90% cocoa is so low in fructose that a couple of pieces don’t hurt. The shards melt into decadent puddles throughout the warm pudding – now, isn’t that the right way to start your day? I certainly think so.
This recipe can be egg-free, nut-free, dairy-free, and vegan.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
– 2 Weet-bix
– 3/4-1 cup milk of choice, depending on desired thickness
– 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– pinch cayenne pepper (mine was rather big!)
– pinch salt
– 1 teaspoon dextrose or rice malt syrup, to taste (I omitted)
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1 square Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate, broken (optional)
1. Pour the milk over the Weet-bix in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (except vanilla and chocolate), and mash together well.
2. Microwave on high power, uncovered, for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave again for another minute. Mix in the vanilla and top with chocolate. Enjoy! 🙂