I was inspired to create this drink after reading a recipe posted on the “I Quit Sugar” blog – https://iquitsugar.com/recipe/golden-turmeric-mylk/. I am a huge fan of chai-type spices and decided to make my own variation of this warming milk. We all need something to combat dreary weather, right?
Turmeric is an incredibly healthy spice – it is anti-inflammatory due to its curcumin content, and is also a powerful antioxidant. Blood-sugar-regulating cinnamon and digestion-beneficial ginger boost this milk’s nutritional profile. Top it with some whipped dairy or coconut cream and you have a satisfying drink.
This gorgeous golden milk is perfect before bed, as a mid-afternoon snack, or in place of your regular coffee for morning tea.
This recipe can be grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, vegan, egg-free, and nut-free.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
– 250 ml milk of choice
– 1/2-1 teaspoon ground dried turmeric, as desired
– 1 cinnamon stick
– good grinding vanilla bean
– 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
– pinch each ground cardamom and nutmeg
– stevia, optional
– whipped coconut/ dairy cream and extra cinnamon, to serve
1. Place all ingredients (except toppings) in a small pot. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat, then pour into a mug. Top with cream and cinnamon, and enjoy! 🙂