When I went to visit my aunt, who never fails to offer me bags of deliciously fresh herbs, the subject of stuffed capsicums came up. I couldn’t get them out of my mind for the next hour. It was only natural then that, when I came across a bag of capsicums at the supermarket, I snatched up the opportunity to create a new variation.
Yes, four cheeses may seem like a lot. I can’t really agree in this department due to my irrational cheese obsession. Nevertheless, even for a normal person, the cheese here isn’t overwhelming – each type has a specific role. Cream cheese binds everything together; feta provides sharp flavour; colby adds creamy texture; mozzarella gives that stretch-factor.
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, and nut-free.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
– 4 medium capsicums (colour of your choice)
– 200 grams shredded, pre-cooked chicken
– 100 grams cream cheese, softened
– 1 handful fresh basil, shredded
– 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
– 1 handful grated mozzarella
– 1 handful grated colby
– freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 2 Tablespoons (jarred) sliced jalapeños, chopped
– 4 Tablespoons black olives, sliced
– 50 grams feta cheese, roughly crumbled
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius fanbake (or 200 degrees standard bake). Trim the tops off the capsicums, removing the seeds and membranes. Place in an oven-proof dish.
2. Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, herbs, mozzarella, colby, pepper, jalapeños, and olives in a bowl. Stuff into the capsicums, then top with feta. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the capsicums are tender. Serve with salad if desired, and enjoy! 🙂