If you have some lamb roast leftovers, this is the perfect way to make them feel loved. Before they’re devoured, obviously. With the earthy kale and sharp pesto, you get a not-so-ordinary meal that also boasts a fair few nutrients.
Of course, we don’t eat pizza for nutrients, do we? A pizza – for me at least – has to be loaded with toppings. There’s nothing more satisfying than picking up a piece and have it only just find your mouth before the topping drops. Even though I served a salad alongside, when we’re talking pizza, we’re talking cheese. There has to be a minimum of three cheeses when I make my pizzas, and these were no exception!
I used small-ish pizza bases (supposedly “medium” size) that were reasonably thin. If you prefer extra large, go for it! You’ll simply need to modify quantities of other ingredients accordingly.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
– 2 pizza bases of choice (see above)
– 2 heaped Tablespoons pesto
– 2 handfuls baby kale
– 100 grams sliced, roasted lamb
– 4 Tablespoons black olives, sliced
– 3 Tablespoons (jarred) sliced jalapeños, chopped finely (optional but highly recommended)
– 2 large handfuls grated cheese (I like Colby)
– 50 grams feta, crumbled
– 2 heaped Tablespoons cream cheese, broken into small blobs
1. Preheat your oven to fanbake at 180 degrees Celsius (or 200 degrees standard bake). Lay out your pizza bases on a baking tray/ pizza stone and spread with pesto (almost to the edges). Arrange over the kale, lamb, olives, jalapeños, and cheeses.
2. Transfer your pizzas to the oven and bake until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Slice, serve, and enjoy! 🙂