I’m sorry. I just couldn’t help myself. After diving head-first into the wonderful world of protein bars, I had to try out a protein cookie.
Because, as we all know, cookies>bars.
Anyway, this thing is deliciously filling and just sweet enough to satisfy a chocolate craving. You’ll also get the protein, fibre, and fat to replace a meal – just prep the night before for a deliciously decadent breakfast! Or morning tea . . .
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan, and low-carb.
Preparation time: 5 minutes (plus freezing)
Cooking time: 30 seconds
– 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
– 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
– 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
– 1 small scoop (15 grams) vanilla protein powder of choice
– 1 Tablespoon desiccated coconut
– stevia, to taste (I omitted as my protein powder was sweetened)
– cacao nibs and extra coconut, to sprinkle
1. Microwave together the coconut oil and peanut butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl until just melted. Add the remaining ingredients (except cacao nibs/ extra coconut) and stir together well.
2. Form into a large cookie and sprinkle with the nibs and coconut. Freeze until solid, and enjoy! 🙂