I warn you – this granola is dangerous. Crunchy bites of coconut and mixed nuts, toasted and melded together with a buttery caramel. Oh yeah.
This recipe can be gluten-free, grain-free, and egg-free.
Makes just over 1 cup
Preparation time: 2 minutes (plus chilling)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
– 2 Tablespoons granulated stevia of choice (I used “Natvia”)
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 3/4 cup nuts of choice, coarsely chopped
– 1/4 cup thread coconut
– 2 Tablespoons cold butter, cubed
1. Place the stevia in a small, non-stick frying pan on your stove. Turn the heat up to high and allow the stevia to melt, swirling the pan if necessary.
2. Throw in the cinnamon, nuts, and coconut. Stir with a wooden spoon so all is coated with caramel, and continue cooking until the nuts begin to colour. Immediately add the butter and stir to melt.
3. Spread out the granola onto a baking-paper-lined plate. Freeze until hard. Break into chunky pieces, serve on yoghurt with fruit (if desired!), and enjoy! 🙂