Sounds weird? Well, I’m not turning away from a thick, creamy, chocolate-y drink to warm me up in winter. Nope.
The butter and milk make this filling, as well as providing fats, protein, and calcium. Cocoa adds antioxidants, and its tryptophan always picks you up when dreary weather approaches.
This recipe can be gluten-free, egg-free, and nut-free.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 Tablespoon butter
– 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon dextrose (I used far less)
– 1 scant Tablespoon custard powder
– 1/3 teaspoon vanilla essence
– 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (or fewer, as desired)
– 1/3 cup water
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large, microwave-safe mug. Microwave on high power for 1 minute, stir, and cook for another minute. Mix well, squashing any lumps, and continue to cook and stir in 30 second increments until hot and thickened. Enjoy! 🙂